Monday, August 17, 2009

The Flight of my Life

About two or three days ago my friend Matthew and I went on this MASSIVE zip-line known as, The Sun Mountain Flyer! To even get to the start of the ride you must first ride a 15 minute chair lift to the top of the mountain. Then you have to climb a very tall tower to get in a harness. After some tattooed teenagers strap you into your harness, you’re all ready to go!

A first I was very scared to get on, but after seeing some other kids go down I was finally persuaded. Once they buckle you in you’re just waiting for them to release the doors so you can go. This, in my opinion was the scariest part, waiting, just waiting for the drop off the platform into the open air. The ride was unbelievable; you’re soaring at about 60 miles per hour, on a zip-line, down a mountain! On the ride it was really cool to look down at the scenery, and think “O-M-G, I’m going down a mountain at 60 mph, 50 feet above the actual mountain”!

In retrospect I think I should’ve been more open to trying it out, even if it looked really scary at first, because once I tried it I had a really great time. Here is the advertisement:



No comments:

Post a Comment