Tuesday, September 29, 2009

IT’S JUST A STATUE!


In my opinion Mt. Rushmore should never have been made into a national monument, because in essence, it’s a statue. Don’t get me wrong, it’s great, but as I said, it’s just a statue. It may be an utterly massive statue showing all of America’s greatest presidents, but it’s just a statue! I know I may be starting to get incredibly repetitive, but I really want to make my point. Yes, I am actually a junior ranger there so I know I shouldn’t be insulting it, but…IT’S A STATUE, A BIG, BIG STATUE!!! See, I just don’t understand why they make it such a big deal, sure whoever made it was probably a great person to learn all sorts of useless facts about, yet it’s still just a STATUE!!! I wonder, if I made a big statue of Elvis Presley out of a mountain, would it become a national monument?

No comments:

Post a Comment