Monday, September 14, 2009

The Biggest Ball of Twine in the World

Right now I’m in the RV, headed away from Cawker City. In Cawker City lies the world’s biggest ball of twine! It was pretty ghost-like in Cawker City, not much but the ball of twine. But what was really cool was how in all of the old shop windows there was a re-worked famous picture so that the ball of twine was featured. So, for example, there was a fake picture of Picasso’s Sunflowers, but lying there, on the table was the ball of twine. Or, there was a twine-a-fied version of American Gothic, where the woman was holding a ball of twine.


I think that it’s really cool to visit almost-ghost towns, because they’re a great way to find out all sorts of information about stuff you’ll never need to know. Here are some facts that you will never have any use for, but I’ll tell you them any way; The ball is 11 feet tall, 42 feet in circumference, it weighs 19,092 pounds (which is 5,042 pounds more than the RV!) It is also started in 1953, making it 56 years old. So, all in all, I think that was a great experience that I’ll luckily never need to have again. I hope you like the weird twine pictures my dad took.

Here’s a picture of me adding more twine to the ball!

Here are some of the other Twine-art masterpieces:







No comments:

Post a Comment