Monday, August 16, 2010

Status update

Interlude
It’s been a long time since I’ve written a blog, so I may be a little rusty, but I shall forge on. Anyway, this is exactly what it is titled, a status update, nothing more, and nothing less. To actually find out about the goings on of my life you may want to go to Part 1, those of you who like my ramblings; read on. I think I’ll skip the next few sentences because they would only repeat what’s already been said, let’s move on. So I’ve finally decided to write a blog (mainly to make myself feel better about other blogs I’m putting off, such as my end of trip finance report, which I really need to work on). The following blog will contain such exiting content as; poetry, current events, and reflection.

Part 1 – Joshua Grossman on Current (and previous) Events (A.K.A. stuff that happened and will happen in Josh’s life)
Life is pretty exciting right now, I will be starting 7th grade soon, and we will also be moving into a new house. 35 days ago my brother, mother and I set out on a journey toward North Carolina to drop me off at camp. 30 days ago it was my first day of camp Eagles Nest. 29-11 days ago I was in camp, wishing for chocolate. 10 days ago, I had the biggest ice cream sundae of my life. 9 days ago we picked up my brother from camp, and went to Vermont. 8-2 days ago my family and I were in Vermont. As of yesterday we arrived back in Brookline. Today I have done nothing except for watching How I Met Your Mother episodes, and watching Despicable Me in 3D. I figured that I had to do something at least kind of intellectual, thus I am writing this blog. Now that you’re caught up on stuff that happened in my life, I might as well tell you about the stuff that will be happening in my life. First of all we should be moving into our new house in about two weeks, which is really exciting. Secondly, in three weeks I will be starting 7th grade, at the Pierce School (not as exciting).

Part 2 – Joshua Grossman on Poetry (A.K.A. Poetry that I wrote)
On my way to camp (somewhere between 35, and 30 days ago for those who didn’t read Part 1) we visited the National Zoo in D.C. While I was there (secretly anticipating another blog), I wrote some more two-line poems:

Cheetah
Cheetah, cheetah lying down,
Boredom makes his poet frown.

Panda (version 2)
Pandas are inside today,
Just as lame as when they play.

Red Panda
This cool panda sits atop a tree,
Staring at the world quite smugly.

The only cool panda at this zoo,
He does more than eat and poo.

Elephant
Elephant, elephant, wrinkled and gray,
Eating, eating, all the day.

Anaconda
This snake of green lies in wait,
For something to be put upon it’s plate.
Green snake waiting in the water,
This stealthy serpent is no otter!

Chipmunk
Unintentionally he wanders around,
While making a little yip-yip sound.

I hope that you liked my poems (they didn’t actually have an official Chipmunk exhibit; I just saw one by the food court and decided to write about him). This concludes Part 2 of my blog, if you aren’t scratching your eyes out; I recommend that you read Part 3.

Part 3 – Joshua Grossman on Reflection (A.K.A. Me, myself, and I, all talking about our relationship)
So if you thought that you’d read this for an emotionally deep ending, then I ask you to get a grip, I’m 13, not 31. This is a conclusion, granted, but not an ending. If you’re looking for a happily ever after, watch pretty much any Disney movie. In my opinion, this is a kind of new beginning; the day we ended our trip, and arrived in Brookline was March the 4th. Almost at the same moment a light bulb went off in the head of my family members and myself, today we March Forth into a new horizon. Oh darn it, looks like I did give it a meaningful ending. Oh well, you can’t win them all, but at least I did win this battle in the constant turmoil of my life.

Part 4 – Joshua Grossman on Pretty-much Nothing at All (A.K.A. a small ending).
So this concludes my blog, don’t worry (or maybe you should) I shall write again (probably just other various ramblings on, yet writing all the same).

Until then, enjoy Life in general – Josh.

No comments:

Post a Comment